How to create a hotel website design
Creating a good hotel website design can be a daunting task, but with careful planning and execution it can be a success. Here are some tips on how to create a hotel website design that will help your business stand out from the competition:
1. Keep it simple – When it comes to hotel website design, less is often more. A simple, clean design will help your website stand out and be more memorable to potential guests. Be sure to keep to your hotel brand.
2. Use high-quality images – The photos on your hotel website are one of the first things potential guests will notice. Make sure to use professional, high-quality photos that accurately represent your hotel business.
3. Use clear calls to action – Throughout your website, it should be clear what you want potential guests to do. Include calls to action on every page, such as “book now” or “learn more about our hotel.”
4. Make sure your website is mobile-friendly – With more and more people accessing the internet from their mobile devices, it ’s important to make sure your website is designed to be mobile-friendly. This means ensuring that it can be easily viewed and navigated on a variety of devices.
5. Pay attention to detail – The small details on your website can make a big impression on potential guests. Make sure all the information on your website is accurate and up-to-date, and take care to proofread all content before it’s published.
By following these tips, you can create a hotel website design that will help your business succeed. With a little planning and attention to detail, you can create a website that potential guests will remember long after their stay.
Hotel Websites Features
Along with stunning photography, great user experience and clear call to actions hotel websites need to do more. They need to invite your guest in, show them around and then do such a good job that the visitor has to book a room for a night or two.
Features that can greatly enhance your hotel website include:
- Image galleries to show off your hotel in all its glory.
- A slick and mobile friendly hotel booking engine
- Videos of your hotel and the rooms. This can really highlight the feel of a hotel and it adds lots to the hotel website design.
- Integration of social media, especially instagram.
- Showcase of user generated content. Encourage your guests to share their photos with you and have a space on the hotel website where you can show these off.
- Ability to create a dedicated landing page or dedicated web page for your hotel website. A dedicated landing page is essential for getting the very best from paid and PPC activity. If you can use a hotel website builder tool this can make things a lot easier to manage. for your own hotel website.
- Showcases your hotel's location and everything that your guests can do when the leave their hotel rooms.
- SEO Friendly - Your hotel website design needs to inspire but it also needs to allow for the site to be lightning fast to give it the best chance of reaching and ranking highly on the search engine results pages. Search engines should be driving lots of website traffic to your hotel website so it's important to have good search engine rankings
Website Visitors want to use the best hotel website
Its a highly competitive market out there and things are always getting a little more spicy. As a result you need to wow and please your website visitors. The best hotel website design walks the line of offering up a wonderful brand experience which represents your brand and values but also a hotel web deism ultimately must provide a slick user experience which allows you to take the visitor from the very first landing page all the way through to making a successful booking.
Mobile friendly hotel websites are also a must and you definitely need to accept mobile bookings. A mobile friendly hotel website design that is well executed will allow for minimal friction when someone is trying to book their next hotel stay from their mobile phone. Your website should be working hard to drive direct bookings and the booking process should be a breeze to use. Mobile bookings are on the increase as are online bookings.
More direct bookings please
One of the main reasons that you'll want to increase direct bookings is to fill your hotel room with paying guests and to avoid paying commissions to online travel agents. So you need a well designed hotel website to not only attract guests but to also deliver direct bookings.
The best hotel website designs do this
- They offer a great user experience for site visitors
- They inspire web visitors to want to book
- They are linked to their social media accounts
- They allow to see the past guests experience through rich media
So whether you are a small hotel, boutique hotel, looking for ways to improve you luxury hotel website design or in the hotel industry you need to make sure that you hotel website design is working for you and with you, not against you.
Hotel website design inspiration often leads to us craving for an over the top experience complete with all the wacky animations and fancy slide in menus, but remember for the best hotel website simplicity is sometime the best for hotel websites. Make sure you can get people from A-Z as it's end goal is to increase online and direct bookings.