1. Show Your Face - be human
Let your customers see the faces of the people behind your hotel. Customers want to know who they are doing business with and a picture is worth a thousand words. Instagram can help you with this one.
2. Get Social - engage with customers
Be social on social media! Customers want to know that you care about them and their experience. Show that you’re listening by responding to comments and questions. Facebook and Twitter are great for this.
3. Create Great Content - give customers what they want
Your customers are on social media to be entertained, informed and inspired. Give them content that they will love and want to share. Great content will help you stand out from the competition.
4. Use Visuals - a picture is worth a thousand words
Make your posts visual with photos and videos. People are more likely to engage with and remember posts that are accompanied by visuals.
5. Be timely - timing is everything
Be sure to post timely content that is relevant to what is happening in the world. You don’t want your customers to think you’re behind the times. A dormant social media account can make people think you have gone out of business. If you can't look after your socials, how could you look after them?
6. Use hashtags - make it easy for customers to find you
Hashtags are a great way to reach new customers and followers. Use relevant hashtags so people can find your hotel when they are searching for that information.
7. Offer specials and discounts - give them a reason to book with you
Your customers want to feel like they are getting a good deal. Offer exclusive discounts and promotions on your social media channels.
8. Run a contest - give them something to strive for
People love contests and giveaways. It gives them a chance to win something while also promoting your hotel. A proven and wonderful way of sharing all of the amazing luxury your hotel has to offer without being too 'braggy'.
9. Get involved in the community - show that you care
Get involved with causes that are important to your community. This will show that you care about more than just making a profit.
10. Keep it fresh - don’t be boring - Consider short form video
Your social media channels should be fresh and up-to-date. If you have outdated information, customers will think you’re not keeping up with the times. Regularly update your content to keep things fresh.